Wednesday 23 March 2011

Terrain: Battlescape

First of I'd just like to say I love this bit of terrain, great to paint and really ticks all the boxes for me. It looks like something guys could actually take cover in. It looks like theirs been constant war over it for decades. Its an awful lot cheaper than buying a rhino, greenstuff and a citadel wood and trying to do this yourself. Its also got some nice details with a cadian skeleton, standard helmets and skulls everywhere and a rather nice skull and crossbones sign. Heres some pics:






I went for an imperial fists Rhino as the yellow is a wonderful eyesore and I think the yellow looks very nice when heavily weathered. I love the GW 40k Terrain of recent years and warhammer terrain is beginning to catch up. If you don't have any, go get some, it completely changes your gaming experience. If like me you find your modelling time is at a premium then kits like this from GW are a great time saver on scratch building terrain, plus you know its going to look good from the get go!

5 comments:

  1. I love this terrain kit, and you've done a great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah man awesome, I have one of these and I'm really looking forward to painting it up after seeing what you've done with yours.

    Is the yellow IF rhino a cheeky stab at an opponent of yours by any chance? Haha, I am thinking of painting my battlescape up with a detonated nurgle rhino as a bit of a dig at my mate and one of my main opponents.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Red, actually I deliberately avoided painting it as a chapter my buddies play. As it happens practically all my casualties are Imperial fists or Dark Angels(you can see the backpack in front of the rhino is dark angels) partly as no one plays them and partly as they contrast well with the colours of my army. I just thought the Yellow would look better here as alot of my city board's terrain is pretty brightly coloured the idea was to help this piece stick out a bit more and not get lost among them. Also the reason for the red eyes on the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abandoned and destroyed vehicles make for such good terrain. Would you mind if I share some of your work on my blog if I post Links?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Shay, sorry for the absurdly late reply! Please feel free to post anything you want, although my stuff looks a bit sub par compared to what I can see on your site now! Links would be very much appreciated!

      Delete