Monday, 2 March 2015

Red planet board 2 Forgeworld Manufactorum Sector tile

Here you can see board tile number two in its 'ready for brushwork' state. Oh and my foot... whoops. 
You can use the labels at the bottom of the post to find earlier and future posts in this series and similar posts, the 'board project' label will give you all of these. Again for those who are interested here's the step by step:
I'd learnt a few lessons from board one so I began by spraying the oxide red colour into all the cracks and areas that dust might collect as a sort of pre shade/ pre weathering. I did this on all the areas I would paint grey and red.

Here I went in with the grey, light short bursts were used to leave the oxide red looking like collected dust in the shade areas. you can see this best in the building and fans.

Lesson number three: Wait for your layers of paint to dry properly! here you can see the still wet oxide red bleeding through the drying grey. Luckily this wasn't an area I wanted to leave grey but it was another lesson for me to learn when excited by speeding into the project. It was corrected just by spraying over when dry but I was lucky that the pools didn't show through!

Here I went in with mephiston red spray to get that mechanicum feel and to break up the otherwise all grey buildings.

I got a bit keen and skipped a step here! Oops! Lesson four: WIP pics are tough to remember to take, if in doubt take more rather than less! I've based the tile in the Oxide red here, then once dry gone in with leather brown on highlighted areas and on patches of rubble and occasionally just where I felt the oxide red needed breaking up.

Here is the shot from above again. here I'd gone in with the skeleton bone spray in the same way as with the leather brown. I also tidied up the red and grey areas a little more.

Here are the two boards so far, I think I need to add a little more oxide red to my second board to make them a bit more uniform, I got a little keen with the bone due in part to the fact the second board has alot more rubble. I still need to get some brushwork detailing done to these and to go in with the varnish to stop chipping so there will be plenty more posts to come as and when I get around to them!

Thoughts, tips and advice very welcome as always! Hope you like the progress so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment