Thursday 15 April 2010

A taste of things to come

So i tried to resist the pull of the blood angels, but their call was too strong. Plus i have a bunch of old space marine models in boxes waiting to go... Blood angels were my first ever army and the new codex has just too many exciting options to say no to. I still want to finish my guard army, so for the time being ill just drop the odd bit of blood angel stuff into the mix but guard will still take the limelight. In the long term these guys are up next! Now to go cut up some Space Hulk Termies to make Sanguinary priests..




Ive been testing on different ways to paint red for blood angels/flesh tearers, i might try and do a step by step. I know theres alot of guides to red out there, but I always like to hear different opinions and have more options. First up; which wash? Baal Red, Gryphonne Sepia, Leviathan Purple, Thraka Green or layers? (Yes green, it works, sciency know-hows says green next to red makes the red brighter similar to adding green eyes and wax seals to your red guys.) Sorry this got a bit texty!

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to see green... but that's just so I can see how it looks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green makes the base colour very dark, ill try highlighting one right up to blood red/orange but at first glance it looks perfect for a simple flesh tearers colour.

    ReplyDelete