Tuesday 26 April 2016

Blood angels contemptor dread 30k

It's just the Calth plastic dread with a deathwing terminator cyclone missile launcher on top who I carved up and stuck back together with a little more motion as I don't generally see the Blood angels as a stand about statically kind of legion. 

The deathwing launcher from above, perhaps I should have removed the sword detail but was lazy.

"Sorry son!" I wanted to fill the base with something interesting that might help pull the eye away from the deathwing launcher and Calth dread knee pads that blend into the metal joint too much, etc. so I knocked out this guy out of a calth torso, reaver head, palatine blade empty hand and some GS to give the impression of legs (well... leg) and a back pack.

The back, if you look closely at the leg and torso joins you can just about see where they've been cut apart and restuck but I think its not obvious enough to ruin the model.

Some fist action. I had thought about doing some freehand on the spaces but ended up quite liking the minimal detail.

Dakka dakka.

No comments:

Post a Comment